Saturday 8 December 2012

INTERVIEW WITH FLAVA

                                                        -Gloucester-Bristol Road sketch-

Who are you: Im a young artist from Gloucestershire (UK), grew up inspired by graffiti and sticker art. I started street art in 08 and i dont see myself stopping any time soon.

How would you describe your art and what / who were your inspirations when you started?: My ispiration has to been an American artist called 'QUESTION JOSH?', hes not as well known here in the UK but he sure is in America but i am a big fan of his. I started in the basic tagging the streets and bombing but that gets risky; so i started stickers. The whole sticker idea came from when one year i went to bristol and seen alot on each lamp post and had ideas poping into my head every minute; then grabbed a pencil and pen and drew up several characters and decided to stick with this yellow folk.

What are the tools of your trade?: I seem to use molotow paint markers ALOT but also the old sharpie and promarkers. My tips are just keep going over the same drawing until its perfect; i cant leave a drawing/painting with out it being in my eyes perfect, especially if it is going to be sold on.
 
Crews, are you in one and what’s is your view on them?: Yes, i do have a crew that i started up very recent. I have my all time favourite artist 'question josh?' along with loads such as... 'fawx''slother''zigy-mewl''decoy'spud''coon1''jo-kamz'. The crew life is going well we are in the middle of a pokemon collab that will be vecotred and printed very soon. The crew name is 'DSK' which stands for 'DIAMOND-STICKER-KINGS' diamond because that our crew logo, sticker because we are all sticker artist's and kings because we genrally want to be the best we can be. So yes, look out for us!

 Dream place to bomb?: I would like to hit up London but my dream place or place's would have to be TOKYO and PHILLY in America.

Chicken or Kebab?: gotta be chicken! thats all. just chicken!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment